28 Day Grand European Tour

Hi,[br]My Boyfriend and I are wanting to go on the 28 Day Grand European Tour on 9th June 2006 and are a little confused on whether to choose this particular tour or a contiki tour. See our concern, is that top deck cannot offer us a guarantee on the departure of this tour as it all depends on whether they get the numbers or not. It is our first time to europe and we would just die if they cancelled the tour on us. Can anyone please help us with our decision?[br][br]Thanks,[br]vic & sparticus

As someone who has been on a topdeck tour they will run a tour if they have 16 or so people (i went on a 48 day mega european tour in 2005 with 17 people and my sister did the redstar special and there wer 16 people on her tour. As far as contiki vs topdeck i know from personal experience and from people who were on the mega european tour, who had booked with contiki but had their trip cancelled 2 times so finally booked with topdeck, topdeck will run tours as long as costs will be covered and i guess they will make some money. BUT contiki will NOT run a tour unless it is full or just numbers are just under full. So if it was me i would be pretty confident in topdeck not cncelling and would be more worried about contiki cancelling if i had booked with them. I guess the only other thing you have to consider is that contiki is so much more popular so they have a better chance of running and having fuller tours.

Amanda,[br]Thank you very much for your reply. That helps a lot. We feel a lot more confident about the top deck tour now.[br][br]By the way if there is anyone else wanting to go on this tour departing on 09 June’06, please let us know. [br]Thanks[br]

Hi Amanda, [br][br]My name is Lisa and I am one of the reservations staff at Topdeck. I was just having a look at your posting and thought I might be able to help.[br][br]At the moment there are no departure guaranteed for the Grand European, as this is a new tour and we are still waiting to see what the response is to this itinerary. All of this being said taking a quick look at the bookings already received it seems it will be quite a popular trip and over the next few months some of the depatrues will be guaranteed. [br][br]Topdeck are always reassessing each departure and will guarantee the tours thoughout the season. There are many factors involved in guaranteeing a departure including the number of passengers. At anytime throughout the season you are more than wlecome to email (l.stevenson@topdecktravel.co.uk) or call me and ask which departures for any particular tour has been guaranteed. [br][br]Hope this is of some help. [br][br]Kind Regards[br]Lisa Stevenson[br]Topdeck Travel [br]

Hi Lisa,[br]I am interrested in doing the grand european tour in september. I am still very confused which one to choose.either the grand european or the european get away. but now after reading your mail i am concerned if the trip will take place. do you think i should wait a little longer to see if the trip will depart.[br][br]anyone else interrested in doing this trip in september. please do get in touch, so we can exchange ideas before the trip. i am doing the trip alone and 24 years old from newzealand.[br][br][quote]Originally posted by Topdeckers[br]
Hi Amanda, [br][br]My name is Lisa and I am one of the reservations staff at Topdeck. I was just having a look at your posting and thought I might be able to help.[br][br]At the moment there are no departure guaranteed for the Grand European, as this is a new tour and we are still waiting to see what the response is to this itinerary. All of this being said taking a quick look at the bookings already received it seems it will be quite a popular trip and over the next few months some of the depatrues will be guaranteed. [br][br]Topdeck are always reassessing each departure and will guarantee the tours thoughout the season. There are many factors involved in guaranteeing a departure including the number of passengers. At anytime throughout the season you are more than wlecome to email (l.stevenson@topdecktravel.co.uk) or call me and ask which departures for any particular tour has been guaranteed. [br][br]Hope this is of some help. [br][br]Kind Regards[br]Lisa Stevenson[br]Topdeck Travel [br][br][/quote]

Hey VIC - I’m also planning on going on the 28 day tour leaving on 9th June. The only thing I am concerned about it that my travel agent said not to get my hopes up about the accommodation. Can anyone give me a hint about the accommodation for this tour so I know what to expect?

Hey All, [br][br]Both the Grand European and the European Getaway are fantastic trips, the great thing about the Grand European is that it visits Croatia, which by all reports is absolutely amazing. Have seen some friends photos and can’t wait to go there myself!![br]If you feel more comfortable waiting for the tour to fill up a little more before booking you are more than welocme, we are always happy to let you guys know how that trip is going if you give us a call. But don’t forget the more people that book now the better chance the tour has of departing. Over the past week or two this tour has been creating a lot of interest and there are even a few departures that are now guarranteed.[br]The accommodation on these tours are in EuroClub, all very pleasant and clean, with each trip being a combination of cabins, hostels and hotels. It certainly isn’t like staying at the Hilton but it is comfortable and most importantly good fun. [br]You are all more than welcome to drop me an email at anytime if you would like: l.stevenson@topdecktravel.co.uk[br]Hope you are all enjoying the sun down under (if you are lucky enough to be there at this time of year). It is freezing in London!![br]Cheers Lisa

Hi,[br][br]I’m a 21 year old Aussie/NZ girl and I’m taking the 28 Day Grand European tour which departs on the 4th August.[br][br]Drop me a line if you’re going to be on that one too! I am very much looking forward to it.[br][br]Kristy[br]ps. Does it snow in the Jungfrau mountains in August?

Hi there,[br]I see you posted this awhile ago, but just to let you know my situation… I had booked to do a spirit of europe tour, but found out today from my travel agent that topdeck haven’t got enough no’s to go ahead with the tour departing that particular date:( Topdeck have been really good and offered me a spot on the Grand European leaving Jun 9th. My travel agent said it is a guaranteed departure trip so they must have enough numbers on this one ;D Let me know if you do go ahead and book![br][br]Kate

Hi Kate[br][br]I’m all booked to go on that tour so it’s good news that it’s a guaranteed departure!! I’ll see you there![br][br]Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,[br]I just emailed you- check your junk box in case it went in there![br][br]Cheers!

Hey![br][br]I’m planning on booking the Grand European tour (9th June) next week… Very, very, very excited bout it! Anyway, I would love to chat to other people doing the same tour. :)[br][br]KatieQ (Aus)

Hi Katie[br][br]I am doing that trip too - all booked and can’t wait to go! Where abouts in OZ do you live?

Hi Vic[br][br]I saw your message and I have done a Top deck tour to Scandanvia and Russia which was good but Im doing the big Central Europe tour with Budget Expeditions, heaps cheaper and more food included. Which ever tour you do Im sure you will have a gteat ime[br][br]brett