2 Days alone in Paris

I’m off to Paris in a week-2 days alone before i meet up with the group…Any tips, things i need to know???Would appreciate some advise etc…a bit worried about finding my way to the hotel lol…

Hey Nelmari,
There is loads to do and see in Paris and you are so lucky you get 2 extra days there. The metro is very easy to use (sure there are heaps of lines going everywhere) but grab a map and you’ll be fine. Its €1.60 per trip, or you can buy multiple tickets, all machines have english but make sure you have heaps of change some don’t take notes.
A few places I recommend visiting; The Montparnasse Cemetery (heaps of famous ppl are buried here and its absolutely HUGE), The Notre Dame Cathedral-go early to avoid queues if you want to climb the tower and if you are feeling really adventureous go to Versaille €2.90 train ticket. The Montmarte area (Moulin Rouge etc) is great for food/entertainment/bars.
Things like visiting the Louvre, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe are good to do with the group as you don’t really get ALOT of time-are you going on the Bike tour? I highly recommend going its fantastic. Where is your hotel? Im sure there is a metro near by.
Have a great trip you will love it :smiley:
Christine

tHANK YOU-i’M STAYING IN THE lATIN QUATER-VERY CLOSE TO THE NOTRE DAME…ANY DO’S OR DON’TS? THATS REAL CHEAP FOR THE TRAIN-ARE YOU SURE?

Yeah its €2.90 each way (sorry should have clarified) for Versaille. Its about 30min out of the city (from memory)
I didn’t really have a problem walking around the place on my own, just common sense really watch your handbag in crowded areas and if a gypsy woman/beggar asks you if you speak English DON’T SAY ANYTHING, just keep walking (its a tactic they use, one talks to you the other goes for your pockets) Street vedors are great for cheap crepes and waffles, and there are loads of them. Don’t sit outside at a cafe (they charge you extra depending on where you sit)
During the day take a walk along the river to Pont Neuf on the side opposite the Notre Dame there are great little market stalls the whole way along (good for souvenier hunting) and while on that side of the river there are little side streets near Pont Neuf with great restaurants/cafe’s for dinner.
:smiley: Enjoy

Ah you’re such a great help thanks!

Don’t forget Musee d’Orsay - this museum is brilliant. At Notre Dame, it’s well worth the couple of euro to climb the towers.

There are also companies that do 1-2hr walking tours of Paris which is a great way of seeing things off the beaten track and a lot of them leave from either the Louvre or Notre Dame, such as www.paris-walks.com

Have a fantastic time!

Stacey :wink: